Ethical Representation In Business And Commercial Law Issues
Commercial disputes can have a significant impact on an individual or business. At Klaiman Edmonds LLP, we are focused on protecting your interests and alleviating your concerns.
Your case is not purely a legal issue to us. It must be examined on its individual merits to determine what is in your best interests. Our goal is to find the most cost-effective way to resolve your dispute. We consider the impact your issue will have on you and your business, and then we will determine a strategic approach for your case.
Protecting Your Interests
We have significant experience in commercial litigation. Most of our clients have been individuals involved in small to medium-sized businesses in Toronto and the GTA.
We represent clients in all types of business law and commercial law disputes, including:
- Shareholder and partnership disputes, including breach of contract
- Investment advisor disputes and securities litigation
- Franchise litigation for franchisors
- Real estate litigation
- Condominium litigation
- Property disputes
- Commercial landlord-tenant disputes
- Disputes involving not-for-profit corporations
- Wrongful dismissal claims
- Estate litigation involving families and businesses
Trusted Legal Advice From Experienced Litigators
We understand that litigation is usually unwanted and creates an unexpected, costly expense. As a result of our experience, we have gained considerable insight into how to preserve or promote our clients’ interests and how to simultaneously do so in the most cost-efficient manner. For example, we avoid bringing unnecessary motions. Each step in the process is taken after careful consideration of the costs involved and the ultimate benefit to the client.
You will receive personal attention and ethical advice from our firm. You can expect the following from us:
- We encourage, when possible, an early resolution of the dispute through mediation or arbitration, but recognize that not all disputes can be resolved through these processes.
- We explain to our clients the various processes available and, during the course of our retainer, make recommendations based upon the client’s needs.
- We believe that an open line of communication is essential so that we have a thorough understanding of our clients’ needs and interests, as these may change from time to time during the course of any dispute.
Contact Our Firm
Lawyer Mark Klaiman has an LL.M. and is a seasoned litigator with significant trial experience. Our lawyers have conducted many trials in the Ontario Court of Justice and have argued numerous motions, applications and appeals at all levels of court in Ontario. This experience will help us address your concerns and find a resolution that protects your business goals.